If any of these statements accurately describe your organization, you may NOT be ready to conduct a campaign planning study.
- Your organization has not conducted an externally-based strategic plan.
- Your proposed goal is indistinguishable from annual or program goals.
- Your organization lacks a general case for support that differentiates your organization and positions itself as unique in its ability to meet community needs.
- Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are your top prospects for lead gifts . . . but you have had no prior contact with them.
- Your organization has not ended any of the past five fiscal years with a balanced budget.
- Your board members do not have a track record of annual giving, and their capacity to give is minimal.
- Your executive director cannot generate a list of the top 30 donors he/she would like to meet.
- Your quarterly newsletter hasn’t been mailed for two years.
- Your board leadership has determined to move ahead with a campaign because they need the money.
click here for pdf version: FRM55
For more on The Campaign Planning Study, Foundation of a Successful Campaign, access Goettler Series Volume 2